Finance Minister of Punjab
Manpreet Singh Badal is the current finance minister of Punjab, who took charge of this department in March 2017. The finance minister is called as Khajana Mantri (ਖਜ਼ਾਨਾ ਮੰਤਰੀ) in Punjabi. So if you want to know that who is the Khajana Mantri of Punjab, again the answer is that Manpreet Singh Badal is the current khajana mantri of Punjab.
In the last assembly elections held in early 2017, Congress party came to power in the state and formed govt with Capt Amarinder Singh as the new chief minister of Punjab. Lal Singh was the finance minister of Punjab in the previous Congress govt during 2002-2007, but he has not contested the elections this time. So Manpreet Badal was the most eligible congressman for this post, as he was the finance minister of the state earlier also during the S.A.D. govt in the state in 2007. Parminder Singh Dhinda was the previous finance minister of Punjab during the tenure of S.A.D. govt from 2012-2017. Finance department is one of the most important departments in any state or central govt.
His age is almost 58 years (in 2021) and his permanent residence address is V.P.O. Badal, Tehsil Malout, Dist Shri Muktsar Sahib. He is nephew of Parkash Singh Badal (chief patron of Shiromani Akali Dal and former C.M. of Punjab) and cousin brother of Sukhbir Singh Badal (president of Shiromani Akali Dal). The contact number of Manpreet Badal is 98779-00786 and email address is email@example.com
Educational Qualification - He is a highly qualified person and has done L.L.B. (Hons) from University of London in 1987. Earlier he did B.A. (Hons in History) St. Stephens College, Delhi. He has done schooling at The Doon School, Dehradun.
Manpreet Badal also heads the following departments as a cabinet minister in Punjab government:
- Employment Generation and Training
Office Address and Contact NumberThe office of the finance minister of Punjab is situated at the Punjab Civil Secretariat, Chandigarh. The complete office address and contact information is:
Office Address: Finance & Planning Minister, Punjab, Room No. 38, 6th Floor, Punjab Civil Secretariat, Chandigarh.
Phone: 0172-2740788, 2741818
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/ManpreetSinghBadal
The finance department has the control of the following:
- Department of Finance
- Punjab Infrastructure Development Board
- Department of Pensions and Welfare of Pensioners
- Punjab State Lotteries Department
- Excise and Taxation Department - This department is responsible for collection of Excise duty, Value Added Tax (V.A.T.) and other related taxes. This department is currently headed by Capt Amarinder Singh, Chief Minister of Punjab.
- Department of Revenue - The revenue department is another main department for the generation of income for the state exchequer. This department is responsible for maintaing land records and collection of fees during the registration of property. Currently this department is also headed by the cheif minister himself.